20 Oct How to Simplify meal time…Your pantry!
How to Simplify meal time…Your pantry!
If you take time to organize and stock your pantry, it’s amazing how much stress you avoid every time you make a meal. You will thank me later 😉
Easier said than done? Not this time!
Let me share with you the secrets of my success in creating delicious last-minute meals that are stress. The steps are simple and well worth the short time and effort. This will make your life a lot easier!
The 5 steps to mastering your pantry
- The List No. 1: What you love to eat: Write down 6 to 8 of your best go to meals, including side dishes. These are your household favorites, that you can put together in little or no time.
- The List No. 2: Perishables—Non-Perishables On a new page or computer screen, create a column for each of these.
- The list No 3: Ingredients by recipe: One by one, list the names of each go to dish and write next to each one all the ingredients you need to make them in one of the above categories.
- Seasonings and Marinades: Make sure all the required oils, vinegar, sauces and spices for each go to dish are included in the list above.
- Regular inventory check: Once your list is completed, purchase all you need to fill your pantry with your favorites. Do a regular inventory check to ensure that you always have at least one of each item on hand. When your pantry is properly stocked, all you need to buy closer to meal time are the vegetables, protein and fruit. Better yet, always have your favorite of those in the fridge as well 😉
Here are some examples of my favorite pantry items by type of cuisine :
Tomato sauce, olive oil, basil leaves, pepper, salt, pasta, tomato paste, garlic, onions…
Oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic…
Salsa, taco spice, red pepper flakes, rice, black beans…
Chicken broth, black eyed beans, hummus, quinoa…